Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Love my Bike.

While I do miss not having the miles and miles and miles of Metropark bike trails to ride on that we use to have.  Flushing does have a little one and it is really pretty and full of interesting people to meet.
Last fall I got the new bike from a friend's bike shop.  I told him that I wanted to be comfortable and I didn't really care what I looked like.  He delivered.  I can ride 5 miles or 25 and not feel a thing on this bike and I love it.  A few of my more appearance conscious friends said I looked like well, a dork on my bike.  Apparently even if you are only riding around town or on the little metro park trails with your 6 year old you are still supposed to have the ultra cool mountain bikes or something else that looks really awesome and is probably very uncomfortable.
Well, said friends haven't seen the latest addition to my bike thanks to Turkey Butt.  Last December I bought the basket and the flowers and had my aunts "secretly" help TB glue it all together and "surprise" me for Christmas.  Here is the result . . . somehow I can't figure out why the 13 year old babysitter no longer wants to borrow my bike when she's watching TB on Saturdays.

No comments: