Saturday, April 26, 2008

There's a mouse in my house, I hope . . .

OK so if it's a mouse I will be so relieved.  I was just sitting here and heard noises in the kitchen and thought Turkey Butt had gotten out of bed.  When he didn't answer I went to check out the situation.  No it wasn't him, but something is having a party in my cupboard under the sink.

A very LOUD party.  

I hope it's just a mouse or two.  Since we live near the creek, a rat wouldn't be out of the question.  YUCK!

I am not afraid of mice but the thought of a rat makes me cringe.  Even worse, the thought of a rat trap makes me shiver.  

This from the girl that envisions the mouse trap snapping her finger off as she sets it.  

This from the girl that thinks that maybe the mouse is just playing dead when it's on the trap and the minute I touch it, it will wake up.

This from the girl that is CONVINCED that the spiders she smooshes will wake up, unravel themselves from the toilet paper, crawl out of the toilet bowl and bite her in revenge the next time she uses the bathroom.  HEY, it could happen.

Yes, my over active imagination gets the best of me when it comes to killing undesirables.  I never really believe they are truly dead.

Grrrrr, at least now I am fairly sure that the dogs were not barking at the "prowler" that the neighbors have all been talking about last night.  In all likelihood they were barking at the uninvited guests that like to throw nightly parties in the cupboard.

No comments: