Friday, April 18, 2008

The new mower, the neighbor, and dashing the man's dreams.

So one of the advantages of refusing to "have relations" with your landlord and having his wife found out while you are in the middle of moving and getting locked out of your own stuff is that you get to buy all new stuff.

Sooooooooooo, today Turkey Butt and I went to Home Depot to get a new lawn mower.  We are the proud owners of a shiny new yellow Cub Cadet.  It's awesome.

One thing I learned from the first time that I had to buy new stuff was that even being on a single mom's budget some things just aren't worth the $50 savings.  So rather than get the cheapy mower I opted for the one I wanted this time.

After watching me put it together, add oil and gas, and then mow the back yard the neighbor that laughed at me when I told him I was going to push mow the yard myself asked if I would do his.  I laughed and just told him that if my allergies were not killing me right now I would do his too.

Supposedly he is going to come over with his rider from time to time to help me out.  I fear I may have just shot that out of the water though with today's performance.

No comments: