Monday, May 12, 2008

Fuzzy has hatched!!!!

I had been checking on him the last few days and noticed that his cocoon was getting thinner on the top.  This morning Turkey Butt wanted to look at him and look what we found.  Fuzzy is now a moth.  We took the lid off of the container and took him outside underneath the picnic table.  I am not sure what he needs to eat but I imagine he will be hungry after the transformation.  You can tell that he is still damp from coming out of the cocoon, so I imagine he will wait til his wings are dry and then take off.  Hopefully we are done with the rain.

He's the yellowish looking thing in the corner.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH! I see him now. He is exactly the same color as that oak leaf. Cool!

Pip said...

Since I knew where he was when I took the pic, it didn't really dawn on me that he blended in so well with the leaf, too funny.
Like I told TB, he is not going to get eaten by the bats because of his super camo powers.