Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stimulating the economy and mother's day presents all in one.

Yes I am doing my part for the economy by spending my economic stimulus check on myself, it is mother's day weekend after all.  Well I spent about $225 of it on myself, filled up my car, got an oil change and paid the colossal 3 month Consumer's Energy bill (thanks again for the screw up Consumer's!) with the rest.  Hey, I thought the plan WASN'T for the oil companies to prosper from it, weird how that worked out, huh

So anyway, on to the good stuff, what I bought myself.  I got a new weed whacker (trimmer for you more sophisticated folks).  I have always used electric ones because the gas were always too heavy and too big.  When the weed whacker is taller than you, it sometimes creates a problem.  

So anyway, I found a really nice gas powered super lite jobby at Home Depot for like $70.  We'll see how long it lasts but it's cool so far.  It was either that or spend $100 on a rechargeable one or $30 on an electric one and then another $60 on enough extension cord to go with the yard.  Another new and exciting feature for weed whackers in my world is the automatic feeder feature.  Apparently there will be no more bumping for me.  Call me skeptical but I envision taking the feeder apart A LOT this summer because the automatic feeder will be sleeping on the job (this says nothing about my weed whacking ability, I am sure).

The other purchase was a gas grill.  Call me sexist but I have always and still do consider grilling a man's job.  That coupled with my insane fear that I will blow myself up has always kept me from getting my own grill.  The grill is pretty cool, it only took me a little over an hour to put it together and wouldn't you know it, it lit on the first try, WITH the ignitor I might add.  I broke it in with a New York Strip today and so far so good, I still have all my digits and extremities.  

So there, I did my part to stimulate the economy.

No comments: