Friday, May 2, 2008

To all those I left behind, I am sorry.

I am sorry that you felt that letting go was a sign of not caring.
I am sorry that you felt that walking away rather than fighting a losing battle meant that I didn't care.
I am sorry that you felt that walking away was a sign of weakness, rather than a sign of strength.
I am sorry that you felt that I didn't love myself because I chose the path of peace and serenity rather than the path of hostility.
I am sorry that you cannot understand how God works in your life.
I am sorry that you never realized that life is not as complicated as you make it out to be.
I am sorry that you felt that my trust in God meant that I didn't trust you.
I am sorry that you thought my "out of the box" thinking meant you had to "get me back in line".
I am sorry that money, big houses and nice cars was never as important to me as it was to you.
I am sorry that when things didn't work out for you, that you constantly felt the need to attack me and my happiness.
I am sorry that I never felt like I needed to be "fixed".
I am sorry that liking my job made you resentful.
I am sorry that liking my life made you resentful.
I am sorry that my confidence made you feel week.
I am sorry that my hopefulness made you feel helpless.
I am sorry that you never believed that I liked you despite what you didn't like about yourself.
I am sorry that you couldn't love yourself half as much as I loved you.
I am sorry that you never realized that I wasn't the one creating the "expectations".
I am sorry that I never had to have all the answers and could be flexible.
I am sorry you felt that you had to be perfect to be with me, it was never my requirement, only yours.
I am sorry that my smile made you angry.
I am sorry that you were jealous.  I tried as hard as I could to not make you feel that way but it happened and there was nothing I could do about it-I can only be me.
I am sorry that I couldn't celebrate the good in my life with you.
I am sorry that I couldn't be the everything you expected me to be, it's just too much pressure.
I am sorry that you never believed you could have more than one good thing in your life.
I am sorry that I never bought into the martyrdom that you were selling.
I am sorry that it scared you that I kept trying new things.  Disappointment only lasts a minute, regret lasts a lifetime.
I am sorry that you felt that my ability to take care of myself, meant I didn't need you.
I am sorry that I am just not needy.

I am sorry that if any of you read this that you will automatically assume it's about you, even though it may not be.

What I am not sorry for however is that I do love my God and myself and my life.  I am not sorry that I am happy and having lots of fun and enjoying myself.

I am sorry that I had to move so far away to be able to openly do these things.  I no longer have to hide my joy and happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it, own it!!!