Thursday, May 22, 2008

The new light, the present and the neighbor guy's new name.

So neighbor guy came over and put up the security light in the back of the house yesterday.  Boy is it bright!  It has two settings, one mild setting if it senses something far away and then another brighten up the whole back yard and scare anyone away if you come to close setting.  So all is well, especially considering that ever since I moved the dogs away from Harley man and his queens, the gnomes have coincidentally left.

Anyway, so when neighbor guy finished he left me a note on the front door telling me that if I had any questions to call him and signed it Anytime Mike.  So of course, as I was storing his phone number into my phone I had to save it as Anytime Mike.  He will probably kill me and never ever help me again if he finds out, but what they heck, he did it to himself . . .

So that left me with one last thing to do, figure out an appropriate thank you for Anytime Mike.  I have only talked to him 3 times and it was all about my light etc so I had no idea if he would appreciate his favorite beverage (the typical thank you for most of my family) if he even had one, and he did mention a girlfriend in passing so cooking him dinner would not be appropriate.  In the end I decided to get him a gift certificate to BD's Mongolian Barbecue.  He was happy, it worked for me.

I am just mostly happy that he appointed his own nickname, because sometimes it's so hard to come up with them.


No comments: