Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day has  been great.  No, we didn't go to church-just finished with that.  Instead here's what we did.

I was woke up by TB yelling at Tic not to eat that as he walked into my bedroom with breakfast in bed.  I got cereal and strawberry milk (pink milk because it's mother's day and you wear pink lots mom) AND some chocolate chip cookies waiting to surprise me in the bottom of my bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.  TB carried it in on a cookie sheet that he dug out of the cupboards and apologized that he had to give me the milk because he didn't know how to make coffee (he knows me well!!!)

Anyway, after that I got my present.  Yesterday I had given the babysitter some money to take him up to main street to get me something for mother's day.  I actually gave her money a $20 for a present and then another $20 so that TB, her and her friend could go to the gas station and get pop and snacks or whatever.  There's not much up there so I just assumed I would get a card or something silly from Hallmark or something.  Instead she took him to a woman's spa place and got me a gift certificate for a one hour massage-YEAH.  I have never had a massage before, this should be really cool.

TB also told me repeatedly that he loved me.  He also told me that he would never ever forget me, even when he gets grown up or if I died (I think we have had a few too many deaths in the family in the 6 year old's life).

All in all it was a very nice Mother's Day.  I even called my mother and we talked for about 30 minutes.  I am pretty sure that she believed me when I told her I sounded funny saying happy mother's day because I had a mouthful of coffee and she answered the phone before I could swallow and not because there was some deep seeded ulterior motive to it.

No comments: