Monday, May 19, 2008

The Gnomes have gone.

I know I failed to update but last week was really busy and I wasn't online all that much.  Anyway, so the weird happenings around here continued.  Finally I started noticing that they were happening even when I was home.  Most prominent was someone taking the dog tie outs and dragging them as far away from the door as they possibly could and sometimes even wrapping them around the pole on the other side of the yard.  Again, I was getting really creeped out by it all, whoever it was was coming right up to my house to do these things.  A friend of mine decided that it had to have been gnomes and that I should leave out milk for them according to some tradition.  I didn't do that because it would have attracted Bob.  

In the meantime I talked to next door neighbor guy again and he said he would keep on watching.  His wife and grown daughter living with him would not say a word and had a pretty nice glare for me the whole time I was over there.

Anyway, I talked to the two neighbor guys across the street and we all agreed that I needed a light in the backyard and that they would install.  So landlord okay's the purchase and we got that done.  We also, well they agreed that I should also tell the police just in case it was not indeed next door neighbor guy's wife and daughter like we suspected.  I did.  That all went well, they drive by all the time now and basically said even if it is the neighbors they still want to keep and eye on my house given that I am a social worker and work with the population I do in the areas that I do.  I was fine with that, at least they didn't get on my case for not being more cautious and safe.

So finally Dad comes out here Friday and we move the dog runs to the side of the house by the patio.  Two reasons, one I think the neighbors were messing with me and didn't want the dogs in the back yard by there house and two the patio's over there and it was silly having the dogs in the back when I was always out on the patio.

Anyway, day 4 of moving the dogs and not one thing has happened since.  I am pretty sure it was the neighbor "ladies" at this point-but oh well what are you gonna do???

No comments: